Man! I should make this blog a fully Dragonball Live dedicated blog instead of other movies and musics. So many news about DB Live that can’t resist posting them here.
Many of us were sad to learn that DB trailor won’t be released with Max Payne this month. But now, it seems that there are many new things to look forward to. Starting with a new trailor and other promotional stuffs which will commence along with the release of the trailor may in december.
The movie’s web site, dbthemovie.com has got some description about the upcoming promotional stuffs.
This is an interview, which was posted at the same site regarding the promotions of the movie..
1. When will promotion for the film Dragonball officially begin and what can we expect?
Promotion will truly begin when we launch the official trailer. Expect to see plenty of TV spots and action closer to the release. This is typical with any campaign. The fans will really feel the promotion of the movie to begin by the end of the year and will be promoted at many targeted events in 2009.
2. A Junior Novel and Video Game have been confirmed. Any other possible merchandise? Maybe a TV spin off or new comic series?
Currently could not be answered, hopefully they will get back to me on this.
3. There has been a rumor going around that the sequel to this film will begin filming in the first quarter of 2009. Any truth to this?
There is no news on a sequel just yet. We tend to wait out and see how the initial film does and if sequels can be financed.
4. How reliant is this film on visual effects? Is the majority of the money going towards CGI (such as cities, fight scenes, etc.)?
There will be a lot of amazing effects and yes.
5. How would you compare the official trailer that releases later this year to the teaser that was shown during the licensing expo?
I am told the trailer will be different. That piece didn’t portray enough energy, so it wasn’t really reflective of the full feature. It was intended to show the look of some elements for L&M purposes, and to introduce some characters to those people. The L&M piece didn’t showcase the hard-core action that the film will offer, but the trailer will.
Well…. This shows how hard the Fox people are working to live up to the DB fans’ expectations.
Thanks to dbthemovie.com for the interview.